Girls' Generation - Genie

Monday, October 19, 2009
The second edition of Music Monday.

Today I'm showing you the group Girls' Generation. They're considered K-pop (Korean pop), which is pretty hard to avoid over here.

If you're in Korea, and you don't recognize at least a few of the current top K-pop songs, I reckon you are one of 3 things:
1) You're deaf.
2) You're a hermit and you never walk around outside (or maybe you're just stuck in the countryside).
3) You're not actually in Korea.

Anyway, a lot of this stuff is pretty catchy. And frankly, it doesn't hurt that the group members are all absolutely gorgeous :P


The mini-album it's from probably isn't worth your time, but if you're interested, the link is below.


I'm going to try to alternate between mainstream Korean pop music and other stuff that's not quite as well known, so if you aren't into the K-pop, don't worry! Although I'm definitely going to have to give a shout-out to 2NE1 (CL!) at some point...

2 comments:

Galinaros said...

This was the third Korean song I listened to.
I went from:
Kiss - Because I'm A Girl
2NE1 - I Don't Care
Girls' Generation - Genie

I think the first one did me in with the amazing music video, and the rest were simply eye-candy that I try to avoid, although they are catchy. ('catchy' is open to interpretation)

Katherine said...

check out crying nut - korean punk rock haha